Ezra playing!

One of the things about having a preemie is that you expect him to meet milestones as he would if he'd been born on his due date, but sometimes he doesn't. Sometimes preemies are late to develop certain skills, but sometimes they're early. Being a first-time parent, I'm not totally familiar with infant milestones, but Ezra seems to be doing a few things on time or early.

I'll talk about those milestones more in his 1-month post, but this week it's been exciting to see Ezra start to play a little bit. We put a mirror in his crib and he loves it, and just this morning he started batting at the toy in his activity gym with what seems to me to be intentionality. See for yourself:


Comments

  1. Allison, I love your blog and this latest video of Ezra playing is beyond cute! - Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allison, I love reading about Ezra and you guys. Those milestones are going to be very important. At least they were for me when dealing with Jacob. Look into if the school district you are in to see if it has a parents as teachers organization. The woman who came to my home once a month to see how ALL my kids were developing before they entered school was the first one to suspect Jacob had a developmental delay. They always took into consideration his adjusted gestational age. Ezra's lookin like a champ to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rachel! Since Ezra was premature he qualifies for Early Intervention through the county and we are definitely going to get him into that - I guess it's PT/OT evaluation and therapy if needed. It's great that your school district does that - I don't know if ours does.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for all the posts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Say hello!