As anyone who knows me knows (especially if they see me post on social media), babywearing is a hobby of mine. It's really the only hobby I have time for in my life right now - because not only is it kid-friendly, kids are integral to it.
I love keeping my boys close, the convenience of wearing one while I push the other in the stroller, keeping babies away from germy shopping carts and floors, and letting them be near me when I need two hands free.
All of that can be done with one carrier, or at least one carrier per child. But I also love the beautiful fabrics. They have different colors, lengths, fiber blends, and wrapping qualities. If I could afford to buy dozens and dozens, I would! But wraps are expensive, so I sell them and buy different ones regularly, as well as borrowing from other babywearers.
I take a lot of babywearing selfies to document the wraps I try, so I thought I'd start putting up blog posts every now and then to put those pictures somewhere rather than blow up my Facebook with them. (I post more on Instagram.)
So it's time to start playing catch-up. Here's Ezra in the wrap that made me fall in love with wrapping, a Girasol Earthy Rainbow 4. It was the second wrap I bought, and incredibly soft and broken-in, plus not too long.
Here we are in Shire Slings Love Geek Apple & Petrol ring sling. I bought this because it was so gloriously geeky - the design featured DNA, mirochondria, and oxytocin. It was gorgeous, but too diggy, so after a while, I sold it to another scientist mama to enjoy.
This is Kokadi Diorite Stars, size 6. It was my very first wrap, in September 2013. In hindsight, it wasn't very broken in, and it was just too long for me as a new wrapper (even though 6 is my base size). I have felt broken-in Kokadis, and they are wonderful. I still do like this design but haven't bought it again.
And here we are using it... I had no clue what I was doing. But it did go well with my costume!
Ross babywears too! He prefers soft structured carriers, though he'll wrap if I help him. Here he is in April 2014 with Ezra in our standard dark gray Tula with wrap scrap accessories that I made:
I also am a big fan of the Tula, and for a while, that's all Ezra would tolerate. Here's our family Memorial Day 2014 after I ran/walked the Bolder Boulder 10k:
That's probably enough for now.







Comments
Post a Comment
Say hello!