Asher - 11 months


Eleven months? How am I planning a birthday party for this guy? 

Really, when I think about it, it does seem like it's been that long since he was born. So much has happened in our lives since March 20, 2015. And I have been making a point to savor Asher's babyhood since that day. My disbelief at his being almost one is not a feeling that time has flown, but more that I am not ready for him to finish the baby stage and move into toddlerhood. 


But he just keeps growing.

And he is starting to move into toddlerhood, my opinions notwithstanding. Although he is really still a baby. But he has tantrums every now and then (mostly about food being taken from him - I look back at Ezra's monthly updates and realize Asher has a comparatively less intense temperament in this regard as well as virtually every other).

He plays with intention - moving toy trucks back and forth with truck noises, pulling Duplos apart, playing music, knocking down block towers, even pretending to eat toy food that Ezra cooks and serves. 


Asher has started giving me kisses this month. Actually, I think he might often be trying to eat food out of my mouth. But we're going to go with kisses.

Speaking of food, this baby loves it! He has really started to increase the amount he's eating, and demands food very clearly. He's been liking strawberry yogurt tubes (which we freeze), fruit smoothies, avocados and guacamole, beef, sweet potatoes, applesauce, pizza crusts, animal crackers. He still nurses about 7-10 times a day too.

I've only used the sign for "eat" a couple of times, but he used it correctly the other day. I think that's the only new word I've noticed this month. 


He's crawling on all fours, super fast. He can go up the stairs. He loves being outside and desperately wants to escape out the front door, even when it's below freezing and the porch is covered in snow. We recently had a few days of nice (45 degrees and sunny) weather, and Asher had a fantastic time crawling around our yard and being carried on walks.

I haven't weighed and measured him yet, but he's in 12-18m clothes.


Also, this face in the picture above? He does that all the time. Chin tucked in, eyebrows raised, eye contact made, cheeks squished in all their glory. It slays me. I just know that this face is going to be his trouble face. 

Comments