There are some years that pass without much to note. They may be good years, just not much different from the year before. 2012 was not like that for us.
Let's review, shall we?
In January I sprained my MCL while skiing. That hurt for a good 8 weeks afterward and ended our ski season (it didn't have to end Ross's, but he didn't have anyone else to ski with).
At the beginning of March, Ross's parents came to visit us. It was a very special visit because we found out I was pregnant while they were here!
In April, my Grandpa Leo turned 90 and I went to visit him for his birthday weekend.
In June, we found out we were having a boy! We had a little gender reveal party to share the news.
The first two weeks of July were lots of fun - I spent the first week having a reunion with my college friends in Keystone, CO, and the second week was at the beach in Garden City, South Carolina with Ross's extended family.
Despite some enjoyable times with friends (visiting Albuquerque and Great Sand Dunes National Park), August was not very fun. In retrospect, I know the preeclampsia was really starting to affect me, as I was putting on about 4 pounds of fluid every week.
On September 8, I found myself being hospitalized with severe preeclampsia. Eight days later, on September 16 at 3:03 a.m., Ezra Burkhart Leo Lehman entered the world 9 weeks early via crash c-section.
The next two months were undoubtedly the hardest months of our lives. We shed about a decade's worth of tears as we learned to know and love our new son - and to fear losing him - all before he should have been born. November 21, the day we brought Ezra home, was one of our happiest days. From then until the end of 2012 and on, we've been appreciating our new normal - lack of sleep and all.
Let's review, shall we?
In January I sprained my MCL while skiing. That hurt for a good 8 weeks afterward and ended our ski season (it didn't have to end Ross's, but he didn't have anyone else to ski with).
At the beginning of March, Ross's parents came to visit us. It was a very special visit because we found out I was pregnant while they were here!
In April, my Grandpa Leo turned 90 and I went to visit him for his birthday weekend.
In June, we found out we were having a boy! We had a little gender reveal party to share the news.
![]() |
| The monthly pregnancy pictures I actually remembered to take |
Despite some enjoyable times with friends (visiting Albuquerque and Great Sand Dunes National Park), August was not very fun. In retrospect, I know the preeclampsia was really starting to affect me, as I was putting on about 4 pounds of fluid every week.
| Nancy Reunion |
| At the Sand Dunes |
![]() |
| At the beach |
The next two months were undoubtedly the hardest months of our lives. We shed about a decade's worth of tears as we learned to know and love our new son - and to fear losing him - all before he should have been born. November 21, the day we brought Ezra home, was one of our happiest days. From then until the end of 2012 and on, we've been appreciating our new normal - lack of sleep and all.
Happy New Year, everyone!



Comments
Post a Comment
Say hello!