Asher is two weeks old today!
I took him to the pediatrician for his two-week appointment yesterday. His stats:
Weight: 7lb 14.3oz (33.34 percentile)
Height: 20" (32.53 percentile)
Head circumference: 13.78" (30.87 percentile)
He is up 11oz from his birth weight and more than a pound from his lowest recorded weight of 6lb 10.9oz. Hooray mama milk! My milk came in at 2 days postpartum. I've been trying really hard to get Asher to nurse equally on both sides since I gave up on the left side with Ezra. However, I still have an oversupply, and a crazy oversupply on my right. Block feeding keeps the left regulated, but the right thinks it should be feeding twins all on its own. So I'm trying not to pump too often for relief, but I've still got a nice freezer stash started and will probably be able to donate milk again.
Asher's daily routine at two weeks still involves a ton of sleeping, which is nice. He has been waking up around 6 a.m. and again around 7 a.m. to nurse, often cluster feeding until about 9 a.m. He then sleeps through the morning until around 12-1 p.m. He wakes up to eat, and then his longest awake stretch is in the early afternoon… right at Ezra's nap time. Inconvenient, but oh well. During his awake time, he likes to observe his world - he'll lift his head up if he's being held, likes to be on a blanket on the floor looking around, and he's fine with tummy time. So he'st mostly awake for a few hours, naps, then starts cluster feeding right around supper time - about 5-8 p.m. Night wakings have been around 10-11, 1-2, sometimes 4-4:30 but not always, and then 6. He has done a few stretches of 4 1/2 or even 5 hours!
So basically, he is a very easy baby to be around right now. Lots of sleeping, eating, and pooping! And growing!
I took him to the pediatrician for his two-week appointment yesterday. His stats:
Weight: 7lb 14.3oz (33.34 percentile)
Height: 20" (32.53 percentile)
Head circumference: 13.78" (30.87 percentile)
He is up 11oz from his birth weight and more than a pound from his lowest recorded weight of 6lb 10.9oz. Hooray mama milk! My milk came in at 2 days postpartum. I've been trying really hard to get Asher to nurse equally on both sides since I gave up on the left side with Ezra. However, I still have an oversupply, and a crazy oversupply on my right. Block feeding keeps the left regulated, but the right thinks it should be feeding twins all on its own. So I'm trying not to pump too often for relief, but I've still got a nice freezer stash started and will probably be able to donate milk again.
Asher's daily routine at two weeks still involves a ton of sleeping, which is nice. He has been waking up around 6 a.m. and again around 7 a.m. to nurse, often cluster feeding until about 9 a.m. He then sleeps through the morning until around 12-1 p.m. He wakes up to eat, and then his longest awake stretch is in the early afternoon… right at Ezra's nap time. Inconvenient, but oh well. During his awake time, he likes to observe his world - he'll lift his head up if he's being held, likes to be on a blanket on the floor looking around, and he's fine with tummy time. So he'st mostly awake for a few hours, naps, then starts cluster feeding right around supper time - about 5-8 p.m. Night wakings have been around 10-11, 1-2, sometimes 4-4:30 but not always, and then 6. He has done a few stretches of 4 1/2 or even 5 hours!
So basically, he is a very easy baby to be around right now. Lots of sleeping, eating, and pooping! And growing!
Comments
Post a Comment
Say hello!