I looked at the calendar today and realized Asher is 16 months! I think we're definitely due for an Asher update.
At Asher's 15 month appointment, he was 21.1lb and 29" - a little guy. Actually off the charts short, but his nurse practitioner wasn't concerned at this point.
In the last 4 months, Asher's vocabulary has really exploded. I keep a list of his recognizable words/phrases in my phone, and he's up to at least 20. The easiest ones for other people to understand are "bye," "no," "oh no," and "uh-oh." (The full list: mama, dada, Ezra, nurse, hi, bye, bath, bubbles, off [which means light], kisses, goodnight, train, yeah, no, all done, all wet, oh no, uh-oh, I love you, eyes, up, outside, baby, mint, upside down.) He frequently says or repeats things that sound like long phrases, but we aren't attuned enough to catch what he's saying.
He is extremely good at getting what he wants. He started pointing and can now steer a willing minion to a place of his choosing, which is most often to get a mint from on top of the refrigerator.
Comments
Post a Comment
Say hello!